The City of San Antonio’s Green and Healthy Homes (SAGHH), formerly known as the Lead Based Paint Hazard Control Program (LBPHCP), provides assistance to owners and landlords of residential properties (up to a four-plex) in creating healthy, safe, energy-efficient and sustainable homes for families and children. The SAGHH is working to prevent and correct housing-related health and safety hazards, such as addressing lead-based paint, mold, household asthma triggers and fire hazards. Other services offered through SAGHH include creating an energy efficient home by partnering with CPS Weatherization program, and addressing water conservation through SAWS.
- House must be built prior to 1978; AND
- House must be located within Bexar County; AND
- A child age 5 and under must reside in the home or spend at least 6 hours per week in the home; AND
- Children under the age of six should be tested for lead; AND
- Have a clear title to property; AND
- Must be current with property taxes; AND
Household must meet HUD established Income Guidelines for families earning 80% or below of Area Median Income.
Homes are made safe and sanitary for families to live in.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost.
How do you get involved?
For more information contact:
Email Green and Healthy Homes